15 - 26 May 2019 and 2 - 13 October 2019 at the Himalaya Shanti Ashram – our Eco Retreat for Yoga, Meditation and Healing
We spend entire lives unaware of our physical body and mind. Being driven by our urges and desires, we do not realize our true nature of inner peace and silence. Listening to our thoughts as if they were ultimate orders; how to feel… how to act… how to live…
Yoga and meditation practice teaches us how to overcome bodily discomforts and constant mind chatter, so we are able to go beyond it and start to experience moments of true silence and peace within. The physical aches and pains of the body are distracting to meditation practice and bad posture disturbs us energetically.
In this course we will teach participants how to sit in a position that is comfortable for long durations and most importantly we provide a yoga practice focusing on the therapeutic aspects, liberating the body from existing tensions. This stabilizes the body and mind to allow you to go beyond it and deepen the practice that leads towards one’s true inner self, transcending both the body and the mind.
In our modern busy life it is not easy to find a quiet place far from all our daily responsibilities and start a subtle yoga and meditation practice. Himalaya Shanti Ashram is a place specially designed for a silent and subtle practice, allowing the practitioners to concentrate fully and leave all the city life behind. The Ashram, surrounded by beautiful nature, with a view on the Himalayan snow peaks and the sound of the continuously flowing mountain river, is an area bringing about quietness and serenity within. With all the facilities needed; a professional yoga and meditation hall, yoga props, meditation cushions, as well as comfortable rooms, it is truly a place to become fully immersed in the experience.
- 5:00 waking up
- 5:30-7:00 meditation (2 sittings of 40 minutes with 10 minutes rest in between)
- 7:00-8:00 5minutesrest, self practice of inversions, herbal tea
- 8:00-11:00 yoga asana class
- 11:00-11:30 lunch
- 11:30-15:00 rest
- 15:00-16:30 meditation(2 sittings of 40 minutes with 10 minutes rest in between)
- 16:30-17:00 herbal tea
- 17:00-18:30 yoga relaxation class
- 18:30-19:00 watching sunset
- 19:00-19:30 dinner
- 19:30-22:00 rest
- 22:00 sleep
Overview: In order to maintain a high standard of learning and participation, the Yoga and Meditation Silent Retreat has specific Prerequisites for Participation and Code of Conduct.
No prior Yoga experience is required.
Please click here to read: Requirements for Participation, Code of Conduct & Terms and Conditions of Payment
Booking and Deposit:
For booking and deposit please click “here” and fill up the booking form and make the online payment via PayPal or credit card.
Discount for Indian and SAARC Citizens: The Himalayan Iyengar Yoga Centre is happy to offer a special discount on all our course fees for Indian citizens as well as citizens of other SAARC countries (Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives, and Afghanistan). We aim to make our courses as accessible as possible and encourage citizens of the South Asia region to study with us. The details are as follows:
- Students from Himachal Pradesh (born and brought up in HP) receive a 50% discount on all course fees.
- Students from all other states in India and from other SAARC countries receive a 20% discount on all course fees.
We are currently updating our payment options on our website so that Indian citizens and citizens of other SAARC countries can book and pay for courses at the discounted price online. If you book online and are directed to pay the full price, we will refund you the difference when you arrive at the centre.
Please note that this discount is not applicable to Non-Resident Indians (NRIs).
ACCOMMODATION AT THE HIMALAYA SHANTI ASHRAM :
At our Himalaya Shanti Ashram, we have a variety of rooms available for your selection. After making the deposit for the course, you can select one of the options and pay accordingly (accommodation is not included in the course fee).
- Shared room with two single beds and shared common toilet/shower outside / 330 INR per day*
- Shared room with two single beds and attached toilet/shower / 380 INR per day*
- Single room with shared common toilet/shower outside / 660 INR per day
- Single room with swinging bed, and common toilet/shower outside / 750 INR per day
- Single room with attached toilet/shower / 760 INR per day.
- Single room with attached large toilet/shower (room No. 1) / 850 INR per day.
- Extra large room with attached toilet/shower and kitchenette for 2 persons or family with kids / 2,000 INR (Includes Tax 12%) per day.